Autism is a poorly-understood neurological disorder that can impair an individual’s ability to engage in various social interactions. But little 5-year-old Iris Grace in the UK is an excellent example of the unexpected gifts that autism can also grant – her exceptional focus and attention to detail have helped her create incredibly beautiful paintings that many of her fans (and buyers) have likened to Monet’s works.
Little Iris is slowly learning to speak, whereas most children have already begun to speak at least a few words by age 2. Along with speech therapy, her parents gradually introduced her to painting, which is when they discovered her amazing talent.
“We have been encouraging Iris to paint to help with speech therapy, joint attention and turn taking,” her mother, Arabella Carter-Johnson, explains on her website. “Then we realised that she is actually really talented and has an incredible concentration span of around 2 hours each time she paints. Her autism has created a style of painting which I have never seen in a child of her age, she has an understanding of colours and how they interact with each other.”
Much better version of the same subject matter I posted earlier.
Benedict Cumberbatch recreates the famous Mr. Darcy scene from the BBC production of Pride and Prejudice (1995) for Give Up Clothes for Good
10.000 FOLLOWERS EVENT
You are now 10.000 to follow. It’s really crazy and I’d like to thank you by giving you the chance to win what you can see on the picture. ( Versailles, invitation privée by Francis Hammond / two official Versailles magazines / Marie Antoinette biography by André Castelot / a little book with all the French kings ).
How to win this ?
FOLLOW ME and REBLOG this article.
In two weeks I’ll pick one of you … Good luck !
Baker Street Letters’ Follower Appreciation Giveaway!
We’ve once again reached a not-insignificant number of followers and we’d like to give you guys a chance to win some cool stuff as a way to say thank you!
There will be three prize sets, as follows:
- Official BBC Deerstalker Hat and Satchel
- BFF Bracelets - “You’re the Sherlock to my Watson” / “You’re the Watson to my Sherlock”
- Pair of Sherlock & John Silhouette Prints
- Sherlock Tote by ireallyshouldbedrawing
- Sherlock Mug by nautilusl2
- Baker Street Letters Hoodie
- "Ex Scientia Veritas" (From Knowledge, Truth) T-Shirt
- Sherlock Wall Skull T-Shirt
- "My Heart is Ink & Paper" Tote
- Ms. Aether's Sherlock Button Pack
- "Two Hundred and Twenty-One Bees" Tote
- You must be following the blog, BakerStreetLetters.
- Current mailing list subscribers get 2 extra entries.
- Joining the mailing list will earn you an extra entry
(link in the sidebar or click here)
- Reblog this post for entry
(once per day, please don’t spam your followers!).
- No giveaway blogs, please (we will check).
- You’ll need to give us your mailing address if you win.
- We will contact you via askbox, so please make sure it is open.
- Winners will be chosen by random number generator - there will be three winners (first place gets first choice of prize set and so on).
- Giveaway ends October 3, 2014 (at midnight EDT)
- Good luck and thank you so much!